Veterans National Memorial Shrine and Museum Grand Entrance Marker
To honor and support our veterans, the following people and organizations came together and built this entrance sign…
Volunteers and Donations:
The Northeast Indiana Construction Alliance and the Northeast Indiana Building and Construction Trades, both at 6345 Innovation Blvd, Fort Wayne, IN 46818 are proud to list the following as participants in the building of the grand entrance sign at 2122 O’Day Rd, Veterans National Memorial Shrine and Museum. This entrance marker was the design of Creative Resourses, Principal Matt Schlau.
1. Fox Contractors, 5430 W. Ferguson Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46809, donated crew and equipment to excavate footers, Principal: Dallas Day, Labor Union: Operators Local 103.
2. Carpenters Local 232, 1520 Profit Dr, Fort Wayne, IN 46808, Principal Tom Case, Ron Clements donated the laying out of the footers and wall lines.
3. Cement Masons Local 692, 3626 N. Wells St, Fort Wayne, IN 46808, Principal Mark McCleskey and Chip Spicer, Chip placed 13 yards of concrete, paid for by Local 692.
4. Ironworkers Local 147, 6345 Innovation Blvd, Fort Wayne, IN 46818, Principal Ron Starkey, donated and delivered the rebar for the project and member Joe Strack installed on site.
5. Bricklayers Local 4, 7301 Decatur Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46816, Principal Glenn Head, Glenn organized the donated and discounted material, organized labor to build the masonry structure of the sign.
List of Local 4 member volunteers: Ian Dekeolakos, Russell White, Caiden Brockhaus, Stefanee Ochoa, Dennis Snider, Tom McBride, Glenn Head, Andreas Garcia De Dios, Mike Avila, Brandon Bobay, Dan Flores, Scott Carnahan.
6. Laborers Local 213, 5700 S. Anthony, Fort Wayne, IN 46806, Principals Chris Guerrero, Steve East, Von Jefferson, donated the labor to support the masonry work.
List of Local 213 member volunteers: Ta Nisha Royal, Korey Joyner, Steve East, Von Jefferson, Chris Guerrero.
7. Fetters Construction, 5417 County Rd 427, Auburn, IN 46706, Principals Eric Pederson, Nick Alwine, Denise DeMuyt coordinated the donation of 1,800 brick for the wall, and the use of a mortar mixer and masonry saw with no charge for delivery.
8. Masolite, 2200 Lafontain St., Fort Wayne, IN 46802, Principal Steve Ratliff, donated 260 four 4” block and 22 bags of mortar with no charge for delivery.
9. Nob Brick and Fireplace, 4936 Nob Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46825, Principal Bob Benhower, provided 65’ of Indiana limestone cap a greatly reduced cost with no charge for delivery.
10. Rose Brick, 3000 Wells St, Fort Wayne, IN 46808, Principal Todd Hoy, picked up donated brick from Fetters Construction yard in Auburn, delivered to Veterans Memorial Shrine at no charge.
11. Stone Street Quarries, Inc, 5536 Hoagland Rd, Hoagland, IN 46745, donated 4 yards of mason sand.
12. Friar Enterprises, 4025 Lower Huntington Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46809, donated the delivery of 4 yards of mason sand.
13. Dirig Sheet Metal, 918 W. Cook Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46825, Principal Stan Watkins, built and installed decorative metal fence, Labor Union: Sheet Metal Workers Local 20.
14. Quality Connection, 136 Chambeau Dr, Fort Wayne, IN 46805, Labor/Management organization for Electricians Local 305, Principals Kip Howard, Chris Batchelder, Jon Waters, and the Union Electrical Contractors, provided the labor and material cost for Complete Electrical Services, Inc, 6020 Huguenard Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46818 to install the lighting for the sign. All-Phase Electric Supply, 710 Ley Rd, Fort Wayne, IN 46825, Ryan Wales, supplied electrical material to the project.
15. MP Brick Cleaning, P.O. Box 182, Hudson, IN 46747, Principal Mark Phillips, Labor Union Bricklayers Local 4 IN/KY, donated power washing the sign for the final cleanup.
For more information about the Veterans National Memorial Shrine and Museum, including the grand opening events, visit honoringforever.org.